Business Development Director – Strategic Accounts
Reports to: Group Sales Director
You will have responsibility for leading new business sales engagement in to your aligned target vertical sectors, either directly or through our parent company SCC. The role is tasked with finding and winning new business opportunities, and increasing ongoing revenues/margins. This should be achieved by building peer-to-peer relationships with senior contacts in order to promote sales and deployment of M2’s products, services and solutions, together with other relevant offerings from group companies.
The Business Development Director will be the person to both present at and deliver seminars, workshops and meetings about M2 offerings to prospects at senior level. They will ensure that a full understanding of the customers’ business needs is achieved, and match them to our services and solutions.
- Winning new MPS business in aligned strategic verticals.
- Build an understanding of aligned strategic verticals, particularly business challenges, and from this provide real insight to support customer goals/objectives through the sale of MPS and related software and services.
- Target customer contacts up to C-suite level.
- Develop a sales plan based on aligned strategic markets (prospects).
- Identify the right prospect stakeholders, and build connections quickly to drive new sales.
- Maintain all required records in Salesforce.
- Work cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success.
Role Success Criteria:
- Achievement of set sales GP target in any Fiscal Year.
- Development of a customer prospect list in strategic vertical markets, leading to new business wins.
- Build long-term, and sustainable relationships with key stakeholders in customer prospects, including C-Level by developing a unique understanding of their needs in their industry.
- Strong two-way communication with M2 colleagues.
- Maintenance of Salesforce to include all activities, prospects, customer communications, proposals, contracts and account plans where applicable.
- Compliance with all M2 internal processes and procedures.
- Confident and professional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrable track record in winning high value MPS contracts in the Corporate marketplace.
- Proven experience of leading and managing cross functional bid teams to deliver large and complex business wins.
- Must have specific knowledge of technologies and products within the Managed Print industry.
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in our marketplace.
- A proven and strong delivery ethic with experience of handling pressurised situations.
- Must be risk aware, understand strategies for managing risk, and apply this in customer facing commercial modelling.
- Proven selling experience (10+ years) supported by formal selling courses/qualifications.
- Ability to work effectively without guidance/supervision.
- Manages time effectively.
- Capable of building strong working relationships with colleagues in M2, as well as with suppliers and their support functions as required.