Customer Support Manager - North
Reporting To: Head of Customer Support
Location: Field based national role; requires regular travel to client sites
The role involves ownership of service improvement, recovery and assurance for corporate/strategic customers.
It will be aligned to a group of customers based on geography where the main operational centre(s) is/are, but requiring national travel. Working with corporate/public sector account managers/directors on service delivery performance improvement, recovery or assurance, issue resolution including service management. You will look to drive continual service improvement and customer satisfaction, as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of operational service delivery.
There is a requirement to liaise with internal operational departments to ensure service for customers is managed, and areas of improvement and or initiatives are driven through the business.
- Working with customer and internal departments, and manage with the Projects and Transition teams to ensure successful on-boarding of new customers, or re-boarding of renewals for existing customers.
- Manage the creation of the Operations Manual to deliver an exceptional on-boarding experience.
- Oversee account setup, creation and user adoption during first 90 days of relationship.
- Working with the Heads of Contracts and Product Management to ensure end of contract management cost recovery is maximised and spend minimised.
- Working with stakeholder functions (customer and internal), facilitate and take the lead in identifying operational service improvements, and reducing the cost of support across a customer or portfolio of accounts.
- Work with the Account Managers/Directors to review Customer Satisfaction measurement and feedback, and translate into CSI initiatives.
- Focus on best practice, process and service improvement, challenging the way we do things.
- Managing customer-specific Service Improvement plans, and/or departmental multi-customer Improvement Plans.
- Continual update and improvement of Operations Manuals during the life of the contract.
- Investigate and solve customers’ problems relating to areas such as billing, consumables, and other escalations, which may be complex or long-standing problems relating to specific processes or devices.
- Resolving technical or consumable escalations.
- Ensuring operations teams are aware of changes and prepared.
- Pulling in additional resource when needed e.g. specialist teams or people for specific issues/opportunities, such as office moves or software queries.
Skills and Behaviours:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a fast-moving, customer focused B2B organisation.
- Extensive experience of working with the client and operations teams to identify and manage service improvement activities.
- Managing additional resources when needed e.g. specialist teams, or people for specific issues/opportunities, such as office moves or software queries.
- Demonstrable experience of leading implementation and change.
- Outstanding relationship management communication and negotiation skills at all levels.