Multi-skilled Reprographics Operator/E-bible Operator
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 2 pm to 11 pm, with flexibility to include occasional weekend working when required
Responsible to: Print Room Manager/Client Services Manager
Contract Status: Fulltime, Permanent – Subject to a three-month probationary period
- Develop and maintain an effective technical and production service to ensure the smooth running of all work allocated and received.
- Establish quality standards, review services and create opportunities to improve and develop the reprographics room capabilities.
- E-bible production using in-house software (Please note, a wide knowledge of word and excel formatting, PDF manipulation, i.e. OCRing, Quality control, PDF merging, renaming etc.is required).
- Undertaking large volumes of printing, photocopying, scanning, binding and booklet making.
- Liaising with staff and clients, taking bookings and recording incoming requests, communicating deadlines and delivery times.
- Prioritising work and outsourcing work to external providers where necessary.
- Liaising with the Post Room to ensure timely delivery of completed work.
- Ensuring the Print Room is appropriately stocked with supplies such as paper, toner etc.
- Liaising with IT Support with regard to file downloads and computer equipment needs etc.
- Responding to service calls from staff, logging machine faults with service providers and monitoring responses. Along with the team, regularly review processes and look for opportunities to become more efficient.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Print Room Manager or Client Services Manager.
- To ensure production of high quality documents to customers agreed standards and delivery.
- Preventative maintenance of equipment including call out reporting, monitoring of response times, machines cleaned and calibrated.
- Customer communication.
- Stock take, meter readings and overtime.
- Develop and maintain good staff discipline in attendance, timekeeping, appearance and attitude.
- Compliance with Billing cost recovery system and Access database logging General duties.
- To be aware and responsible for Health and Safety issues.
- To consult and communicate effectively with all members of the team.
- To take responsibility for Quality Control on the work you are producing.
- To keep abreast of new technologies and initiatives that will assist in the workflow and profitability of the business.
- At least two years’ experience working in a similar environment.
- PC literate; working knowledge of ADOBE Acrobat and PDF; converting documents to Word, PDFs, JPEGs and TIFFs.
- Ability to demonstrate experience using Xerox copiers, heavy-duty guillotine, Velo, Comb, Coil, Wiro binding and booklet making machinery.
- Ability to demonstrate a full working knowledge of print room equipment, systems and procedures.
- Fluent standard of spoken and written English.
- Flexible and professional approach; ability to communicate confidently at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and use own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.