Purchase Ledger Assistant
Reports to: Assistant Accountant
As a member of the Purchase Ledger team, you will be responsible for processing supplier invoices, showing attention to detail and maintaining a high level of accuracy at each stage of the process. You will work closely with key suppliers and internal customers to ensure the business continues to operate efficiently.
- Monthly statement reconciliations of top 10 suppliers with supporting documentation.
- Complete accuracy of invoice processing with dedicated approval checks and sign-off by appropriate internal personnel in order to manage cost control.
- Working closely with suppliers to resolve any invoicing disputes and liaison with regards to payment expectations.
- Automatic upload of major supplier invoices into Sage accounting system, ensuring accurate and timely processing.
- Purchase order matching with variance analysis of key supplier data via Excel.
- Allocation of dedicated supplier payments on Sage suite from bank statement.
- Production of a weekly payment run for aged creditors through RBS banking system.
- Month-end duties including accruals/prepayment postings, bank reconciliation, cashbook management, reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts and production and analysis of Aged Creditor reports.
- Production of reports and analysis to allow management to monitor overhead spend and manage costs.
- Working closely with the Business Analyst to analyse and reconcile supplier rebates.
- General finance support such as journal entries and any ad hoc duties that are required.
- Comfortable, engaging with suppliers and key stakeholders.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel (advanced Level) and Microsoft office suite (look up formula/pivot tables a pre-requisite).
- Problem solving mentality with a right first time attitude.
- An ability to demonstrate good time management skills.
- Comfortable working as part of a team in a high volume environment.
- Excellent attention to detail with an analytical approach.
- Basic accounting knowledge and experience of working in a Finance related role.
- Ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of Sage Finance suite preferable.
- Experience of working in the Managed Print Services industry.