Print and Design for a Utilities Company
A FTSE 100 Utilities company based in the North West, managed all of their head office requirements through an outsourced on-site print room, and print capability was limited. Due to a lack of investment and management focus, the Print Room suffered from a reputation of poor service and quality.
As a result, print requests were often sent externally to unauthorised external providers, which led to a lack of consistency. There was also an urgent requirement for the replacement and upgrade of the Print Room equipment.
To ensure that the solution was a success, M2 has focussed very closely on staff training, and capital Investment in new print and ﬁnishing equipment as a starting point. The print room was moved to one central, more accessible location. The capability to carry out wide format print and scanning has also been added.
This has delivered greater consistency of print and communications, and as a result, the client has had greater confidence in developing the solution further beyond solely providing a managed print room service.
The current range of solutions has evolved in to a professional design and reprographics facility, with dedicated Customer Service Managers, to assist with end-user queries and the management of complex jobs.
The introduction of a Creative Design service, with a designer on-site to assist with the creation and management of all communications. M2 also assists with the procurement of all promotional items from external suppliers.
- The client gained greater control of the print output, and ensured that printed material adhered to their brand guidelines.
- A five-fold increase in the number of end-users and job requests, and a reduction in the overall cost of print.
- No requirement to invest in the service, with staff, equipment, consumables and paper being covered in the agreed, all-inclusive ‘click’ fee, saving over £250,000 in capital investment over the term of the contract.
- The introduction of new technology has improved reliability.
- Spend with external design agencies has reduced significantly, and the M2 design service is charged at a reduced hourly fee.
- Users are able to discuss their requirements in detail receiving the necessary advice and guidance from the on-site Customer Service Manager.
- The centralised reprographics operation has provided all sites across the North West with easy access to an expert service.