Pre-Delivery Installation (PDI) Technician
Reports to: Senior PDI Technician
Department: Technical Operations
Location: Millington Road, Trafford Park, Manchester
Key Relationships: Direct Line Manager, Logistics, SOP, Technicians, Service Desk, Warehouse, Workshop
We are recruiting for a PDI Technician for our workshop in Trafford Park. This is a team-based role within a successful and rapidly growing business, reporting to the Senior Technician and the warehouse manager. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate aptitude for mechanical and/or IT installations and setup.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven record of accomplishment and working within a collaborative/team environment. They will possess the ability to work on their own or with guided supervision, and the desire to develop and progress to a fully qualified photocopier technician over a career path of 4 to 5 years. They must be physically fit for lifting, moving, building and pushing photocopiers.
- Unboxing new equipment and building devices with colleagues.
- Understanding setup configurations following manuals and instructions.
- Understanding technical detail where required.
- Manual fitting of components where required (including drilling, routing cabling, installing card readers and faxes, Hard Drive Devices (HDDs).
- Accessing databases to locate firmware for installations.
- Applying and installing clones.
- Following customer requirements and manufacturer instructions including obtaining checks and sign-off for work completed.
- Scanning and management of relevant paperwork.
- Verbal and written communication (primarily internally) via phone and emails.
- Housekeeping of workshop and other areas where required, and where reasonably requested including external yard space.
- To act with integrity and adhere to all group H&S policies and practices.
- Provide information and analysis of KPIs/trends to the Workshop & Warehouse Manager when required.
- To follow personal development plan, and achieve required standards throughout probationary period and beyond.
- Identify, investigate and take action on any issues that arise within your remit.
- Understand our customer’s contractual requirements and support teams so they can deliver excellent customer service.
- Follow governance within the warehouse and workshop teams, ensuring correct processes and timelines are followed.
- Waste management (General/Sharps/recyclable/Hazardous).
- Ensure computer systems and programmes are well maintained, and data is input accurately.
- Work to all risk assessments and working practices, ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, contractors and visitors is upheld.
- Locate and move machines when requested in all-weather types without damaging the machines.
- Ensure that the correct PPE is worn at all times and safety rules are followed.
- People and teamwork skills (minimum 2 years).
- Taking an active role within a team/workshop or warehouse environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Systems inputting and data analysis where required.
- Volume throughput (KPIs).
- An understanding of how networks operate.
- An understanding of data security and GDPR regulation.
- Full and clean driving licence.
- Print industry background.